Iran's oil minister to attend Algeria meeting: news agency
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Zanganeh leaves an OPEC meeting in Vienna, Austria, June 2, 2016. REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran's oil minister confirmed on Thursday that he will attend an OPEC meeting in Algeria next month, the oil ministry's news agency SHANA quoted him as saying.
On Tuesday, an OPEC source said Iran had confirmed it will participate in the meeting.
Iran, OPEC's third largest producer, is sending positive signals that it may support joint action to prop up the oil market, potentially aiding efforts to revive a global deal on freezing production levels at talks next month.
Members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries will meet on the sidelines of the International Energy Forum (IEF), which groups producers and consumers, in Algeria on Sept. 26-28.
Bijan Namdar Zanganeh also said OPEC Secretary-General Mohammed Barkindo will visit Tehran "in near future".
(Reporting by Bozorgmehr Sharafedin; editing by Susan Thomas)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Washington state 'grossly' unprepared for major quake: report
- Two Pakistan coast guard killed in Pakistan's key CPEC port district
- Suicide car bomb rocks Somali capital: police
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!