Indonesian police arrest five after church attack
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Police stand near the scene of an explosion outside a church in Samarinda, East Kalimantan, Indonesia November 13, 2016 in this photo taken by Antara Foto. Antara Foto/Amirulloh/ via REUTERS
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesian police on Monday arrested five people in connection with a suspected militant attack on a church that killed one infant and injured three.
Police said they were investigating possible links to the Islamic State extremist group.
Sunday's attack in the parking lot of a church in East Kalimantan province on the island of Borneo was the latest in a series that has raised concerns over rising militancy in the world's largest Muslim-majority nation. An Islamic State-linked assault in the capital Jakarta in January killed four people.
Police said the attacker had been imprisoned on terrorism charges in the past and had links to existing radical networks.
(Reporting by Agustinus Beo Da Costa, Writing by Kanupriya Kapoor; Editing by Nick Macfie)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UAE non-oil business growth rebounds in November: PMI
- Trump to meet with retired U.S. Admiral Stavridis on Thursday
- U.S. defense elite rally behind Trump's unusual Pentagon pick
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!