Indonesia ferry blast kills two, injures 13
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices under pressure as Iraq resists joining output cut
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
JAKARTA (Reuters) - An explosion on a ferry carrying 35 tourists between the Indonesian resort islands of Bali and Lombok on Thursday killed two people, an Indonesian and a Dutch national, and injured 13, police said.
"Two of them died, 13 were injured," Bali police spokesman Made Sudana said, adding the explosion happened off the coast of Lombok.
"It seems there was some sort of explosion on the boat, so there was an emergency with the engine."
Tourists on board included Australian, Korean, British, French, and German citizens, according to media.
Bali and neighboring Lombok are two of Indonesia's most popular holiday destinations.
(Reporting by Fergus Jensen; Writing by Kanupriya Kapoor; Editing by Nick Macfie)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brazil plans to waive visas for visitors from U.S., Japan
- German inflation could exceed 1 percent at year-end: Bundesbank
- Euro zone October business growth buoyant, prices rise: PMIs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!