Indonesia ferry blast kills two, injures 13
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
JAKARTA (Reuters) - An explosion on a ferry carrying 35 tourists between the Indonesian resort islands of Bali and Lombok on Thursday killed two people, an Indonesian and a Dutch national, and injured 13, police said.
"Two of them died, 13 were injured," Bali police spokesman Made Sudana said, adding the explosion happened off the coast of Lombok.
"It seems there was some sort of explosion on the boat, so there was an emergency with the engine."
Tourists on board included Australian, Korean, British, French, and German citizens, according to media.
Bali and neighboring Lombok are two of Indonesia's most popular holiday destinations.
(Reporting by Fergus Jensen; Writing by Kanupriya Kapoor; Editing by Nick Macfie)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- South Korea central bank: market impact of impeachment vote seems limited
- California county settles with family of killed inmate for $3.6 million
- Dallas pension fund halts payments following mayor's lawsuit