Indonesia ferry blast kills two, injures 13
- Global stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no sign of letting up
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
JAKARTA (Reuters) - An explosion on a ferry carrying 35 tourists between the Indonesian resort islands of Bali and Lombok on Thursday killed two people, an Indonesian and a Dutch national, and injured 13, police said.
"Two of them died, 13 were injured," Bali police spokesman Made Sudana said, adding the explosion happened off the coast of Lombok.
"It seems there was some sort of explosion on the boat, so there was an emergency with the engine."
Tourists on board included Australian, Korean, British, French, and German citizens, according to media.
Bali and neighboring Lombok are two of Indonesia's most popular holiday destinations.
(Reporting by Fergus Jensen; Writing by Kanupriya Kapoor; Editing by Nick Macfie)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sika expects Friday ruling in St. Gobain takeover case
- South Africa's Zuma asks court to postpone Gupta report hearing
- AB InBev cuts revenue forecast after triple blow in Brazil
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!