Indonesia ferry blast kills two, injures 13
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JAKARTA (Reuters) - An explosion on a ferry carrying 35 tourists between the Indonesian resort islands of Bali and Lombok on Thursday killed two people, an Indonesian and a Dutch national, and injured 13, police said.
"Two of them died, 13 were injured," Bali police spokesman Made Sudana said, adding the explosion happened off the coast of Lombok.
"It seems there was some sort of explosion on the boat, so there was an emergency with the engine."
Tourists on board included Australian, Korean, British, French, and German citizens, according to media.
Bali and neighboring Lombok are two of Indonesia's most popular holiday destinations.
(Reporting by Fergus Jensen; Writing by Kanupriya Kapoor; Editing by Nick Macfie)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GIC leads $1.04 billion investment in office tower in downtown Manhattan
- China foreign minister says wants to manage disputes with U.S.
- Probate judge holds off appointing lawyer for Prince's siblings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!