India's Reliance Group, Cisco Jasper partner for technology venture
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Anil Ambani, chairman of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, poses for photographers before addressing the annual shareholders meeting in Mumbai in this file photo dated August 27, 2013. REUTERS/Danish Siddiqui/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's Reliance Group, controlled by billionaire Anil Ambani, has partnered with Cisco Jasper to launch a venture to provide enterprises with internet of things solutions in the country, the companies said in a statement on Tuesday.
Internet of Things, commonly called IoT, is an emerging technology which provides seamless interaction between devices embedded with electronics such as television sets, refrigerators, and automobiles.
Cisco Jasper is a U.S.-based company that specializes in IoT.
The new venture between the two companies will be called UNLIMIT, the statement said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- US Senate passes bill to fund government through April
- Senate passes funding bill, sends to President Obama
- Ex-Odebrecht director links Brazil's president to illegal transfers -report