India's Reliance Group, Cisco Jasper partner for technology venture
- Wall Street declines as some post-election gainers reverse
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shows clemency to Manning, intelligence analyst behind leaks
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
Anil Ambani, chairman of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, poses for photographers before addressing the annual shareholders meeting in Mumbai in this file photo dated August 27, 2013. REUTERS/Danish Siddiqui/File Photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's Reliance Group, controlled by billionaire Anil Ambani, has partnered with Cisco Jasper to launch a venture to provide enterprises with internet of things solutions in the country, the companies said in a statement on Tuesday.
Internet of Things, commonly called IoT, is an emerging technology which provides seamless interaction between devices embedded with electronics such as television sets, refrigerators, and automobiles.
Cisco Jasper is a U.S.-based company that specializes in IoT.
The new venture between the two companies will be called UNLIMIT, the statement said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Florida airport shooting suspect inspired by Islamic State: media
- CSX profit dips but meets Wall Street expectations
- Allergan to pay $15 million over failing to disclose merger talks
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!