India's Ola ties up with BMW for luxury cabs segment
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
An employee speaks over his phone as a private security guard looks on at the front desk inside the office of Ola cab service in Gurugram, previously known as Gurgaon, on the outskirts of New Delhi, India, April 20, 2016. REUTERS/Anindito Mukherjee
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Indian ride-sharing service Ola has partnered with German carmaker BMW to strengthen its luxury mobility segment, the app-based taxi aggregator said on Monday.
The tie-up will allow Ola cab operators to avail cheaper credit to buy BMW cars, receive after-sales support and guaranteed buyback, Ola said in a statement.
BMW-certified instructors will also train drivers about auto safety systems and technology, the statement said.
The agreement follows Ola's partnership, announced last month, with India's top SUV maker, Mahindra & Mahindra.
BMW joins the ranks of other global automakers such as Volkswagen
(Reporting by Sankalp Phartiyal; Editing by Amrutha Gayathri)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- South Korea Park approval rating slightly up to 5 percent: Gallup Korea
- Saudi Arabia tells oil buyers of cuts after OPEC deal, PIRA says
- Japan doubles Fukushima disaster-related cost to $188 billion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!