Indian finance minister: We'll let you know on RBI governor
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
India's Finance Minister Arun Jaitley gestures as he addresses a gathering during a seminar on 'Income Declaration Scheme-2016' in Ahmedabad, India, July 10, 2016. REUTERS/Amit Dave
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - No decision has yet been reached to appoint India's next central bank governor, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Thursday amid mounting expectations that a replacement will be chosen soon to replace Raghuram Rajan.
"We will let you know when we decide," Jaitley told reporters as he returned to the finance ministry from what aides said was a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. "You will come to know the conclusion, not the process."
(Reporting by CK Nayak; Writing by Douglas Busvine, Editing by Rupam Jain)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. Marine pilot dies after ejecting from plane off Japan
- DuPont CEO Breen says Trump win unlikely to impact Dow deal
- NYC shelter 'clusters' questioned after homeless toddler deaths
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!