India finmin official says monetary policy panel to meet before October 4
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das said the new six-member Monetary Policy Committee, which will set interest rates, will meet before the Reserve Bank of India's policy review on Oct. 4 and give their recommendations.
"The MPC will, of course, meet before the fourth of October and the committee will give their recommendations based on which the RBI will take a decision," Das told reporters on the sidelines of a conference on corporate bond markets.
Last week, the government picked three low-key economists for the committee. The rest of the panel will comprise RBI Governor Urjit Patel and his two senior-most monetary policy officials.
(Reporting by Abhirup Roy; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Heisman Trophy winner and former NFL player Rashaan Salaam dies at 42
- SEC hit with wave of departures ahead of Trump transition
- Little African primate's talents inspire leaping robot
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!