India finmin official says monetary policy panel to meet before October 4
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das said the new six-member Monetary Policy Committee, which will set interest rates, will meet before the Reserve Bank of India's policy review on Oct. 4 and give their recommendations.
"The MPC will, of course, meet before the fourth of October and the committee will give their recommendations based on which the RBI will take a decision," Das told reporters on the sidelines of a conference on corporate bond markets.
Last week, the government picked three low-key economists for the committee. The rest of the panel will comprise RBI Governor Urjit Patel and his two senior-most monetary policy officials.
(Reporting by Abhirup Roy; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkey's ruling party has completed proposal on presidency, PM says
- UK could slash corporation tax to 10 percent if EU blocks Brexit trade deal: Sunday Times
- Two police killed, 19 people wounded in bomb in east Turkey: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!