Hundreds of Pokemon Go fans hit the streets of Taipei
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Hundreds of Pokemon Go enthusiasts caused a stampede in Taipei on Sunday (August 21) in a rush to 'catch' rare Pokemons.
The streets in Beitou were packed with people playing the location-based game and hunting for the virtual monsters through their smartphones.
Many rushed to the spot where the characters apparently appeared.
"There is Snorlax, Gyarados... Aerodactyl is a bit more common," said one player, naming the characters that caused the commotion.
So-called Pokestops are often established in parks, causing many to gather there.
"Very cool, I think I have strong ones (Pokemons)," said one young player who was satisfied with the night's outcome.
Players in Taiwan have been known to be especially enthusiastic - police have been ramping up fines for playing in traffic while riding a scooter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oil prices inch up on Saudi commitment to cut output
- Council of Europe calls on Slovenia to reject some amendments on migrants
- Chinese president to defend globalization in Davos
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!