Honda recalls more vehicles in Japan over Takata air bags
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co <7267.T> on Thursday said it was recalling around 668,000 vehicles in Japan to replace air bags supplied by Takata Corp <7312.T>.
The Japanese automaker said it had recalled models including its Fit subcompact hatchback model, and the Civic and Accord sedan models over passenger-side air bags. Vehicles produced between 2009 and 2012 were affected, it added.
The latest announcement adds to the tens of millions of vehicles Honda has already recalled due over air bags made by Takata which are at risk of exploding with excessive force.
(Reporting by Naomi Tajitsu; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Euro inches up, hovers near 3-week high as focus shifts to ECB
- Japan to increase loan to Fukushima operator Tepco to $123 billion - source
- ECB to extend asset buys, may debate signal about when it will end
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!