Hilton's value could rise by 25 percent on breakup: Barron's
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
FILE PHOTO - Specialist Trader John O'Hara (R) wears a Hilton branded bathrobe to celebrate Hilton's IPO, while working at his post on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, December 13, 2013. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
By Hilary Russ
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shares of Hotel operator Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc (NYSE: HLT) could increase by at least 25 percent on its planned split into three companies, Barron's reported on Sunday.
Hilton plans to split before the end of the year into three companies that should see their earnings and cash flow grow, according to the report.
Even if the hospitality industry stagnates in the United States, Virginia-based Hilton is opening hotels in profitable overseas markets, Barron's said.
The owner of the Waldorf Astoria hotel chain on Wednesday cut its full-year forecast for a key revenue measure for the third time as it struggles with weak business travel demand.
The following day, its share price touched $21.80, its lowest level in four months. It closed at $22.25 on Friday.
(Reporting by Hilary Russ; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Hilton to Detail a Simplified Fee-Based Business with Expanded Capital Return Potential at Investor Day
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesBarron's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!