Hilton's value could rise by 25 percent on breakup: Barron's
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
FILE PHOTO - Specialist Trader John O'Hara (R) wears a Hilton branded bathrobe to celebrate Hilton's IPO, while working at his post on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, December 13, 2013. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
By Hilary Russ
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shares of Hotel operator Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc (NYSE: HLT) could increase by at least 25 percent on its planned split into three companies, Barron's reported on Sunday.
Hilton plans to split before the end of the year into three companies that should see their earnings and cash flow grow, according to the report.
Even if the hospitality industry stagnates in the United States, Virginia-based Hilton is opening hotels in profitable overseas markets, Barron's said.
The owner of the Waldorf Astoria hotel chain on Wednesday cut its full-year forecast for a key revenue measure for the third time as it struggles with weak business travel demand.
The following day, its share price touched $21.80, its lowest level in four months. It closed at $22.25 on Friday.
(Reporting by Hilary Russ; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Bernstein Upgrades Hilton Worldwide (HLT) to Outperform
- First Financial Bancorp (FFBC) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- Bryn Mawr Bank (BMTC) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesBarron's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!