Gunmen kill two policemen in Saudi Eastern Province: Arabiya TV
- Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
- Bernstein's Sacconaghi Sees Stronger Apple (AAPL) iPhone ASPs
- Fed's Yellen defends regulatory role, raises stress test changes
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Fall 4.3%
- Redstone's National Amusements to call on CBS, Viacom to explore merger -sources
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
DUBAI (Reuters) - Two policemen were shot dead in Saudi Arabia's oil-producing Eastern Province by unknown assailants, the Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television channel reported on Sunday.
The shooting occurred in Dammam while the policemen were on patrol, Al Arabiya said.
The Eastern Province is home to many Shi'ite Muslims, who form a minority in the conservative Sunni Muslim kingdom.
There have been shootings of security forces in the Eastern Province in the past by Shi'ite militants angry at what they say is repression of their community.
(Reporting by Mohamed el-Sherif in Cairo; Writing by Rania El Gamal; Editing by Paul Simao)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed's primal divide: Is economy overheating or stuck in a rut?
- Michigan Attorney General says weak Detroit schools can be closed
- Congolese politician to appeal 18-year war crimes sentence: court document
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!