Gunmen kill two policemen in Saudi Eastern Province: Arabiya TV
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
DUBAI (Reuters) - Two policemen were shot dead in Saudi Arabia's oil-producing Eastern Province by unknown assailants, the Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television channel reported on Sunday.
The shooting occurred in Dammam while the policemen were on patrol, Al Arabiya said.
The Eastern Province is home to many Shi'ite Muslims, who form a minority in the conservative Sunni Muslim kingdom.
There have been shootings of security forces in the Eastern Province in the past by Shi'ite militants angry at what they say is repression of their community.
(Reporting by Mohamed el-Sherif in Cairo; Writing by Rania El Gamal; Editing by Paul Simao)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New Jersey man pleads guilty to charge in Rutgers cyber bullying case
- NATO seeks to manage Russia's new military deployments
- CenturyLink nears deal to merge with Level 3: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!