Gunmen kidnap Romanian engineer in Niger Delta
- Wall Street falls ahead of inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ONITSHA, Nigeria (Reuters) - Gunmen have kidnapped a Romanian engineer in Nigeria's oil-producing Niger Delta, police said on Tuesday.
Officers have launched a search for the man in the area of Owa Oyibo, where he was abducted late on Monday, said Celestina Kalu, a spokeswoman for police in Delta state.
He was working for Dextron Nigeria Ltd, a construction firm, Kalu added.
The southern swampland has been hit by a wave of militant attacks on oil and gas facilities and a general breakdown of law. Militants are fighting for a greater share of oil revenues for the impoverished Niger Delta, which is home to much of Nigeria's oil production.
(Reporting by Anamesere Igboeroteonwu; Writing by Ulf Laessing; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Uber to pay $20 million to settle U.S. allegations it misled drivers about earnings
- Czech inventor gives snow chains a modern makeover
- Chicago police officers suspended for faulty dashcams during 2014 shooting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!