Gunman kills one, self at Wyoming senior facility
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - A gunman shot one person dead and injured two more at a senior living center in Wyoming before killing himself on Wednesday, police said.
The Cheyenne Police Department said in a brief Facebook posting that the shooting occurred around 11 a.m. local time. Police said the shooter turned the gun on himself as officers approached.
The extent of the surviving victims' injuries was not clear. Cheyenne Police Department spokesman Dan Long said he could not provide additional information when reached by email.
Further details, including the motive for the shooting and the identities of the victims and gunman, were not immediately available.
About 11,600 people are victims of firearm homicides in the United States every year, according to gun control group Everytown for Gun Safety.
(Reporting by Curtis Skinner in San Francisco; Editing by Alan Crosby and Paul Simao)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- East Asian stocks set for better 2017 if Trump thump turns into Trump bump
- New Zealand passport robot tells applicant of Asian descent to open eyes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!