Gunman kills one, self at Wyoming senior facility
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - A gunman shot one person dead and injured two more at a senior living center in Wyoming before killing himself on Wednesday, police said.
The Cheyenne Police Department said in a brief Facebook posting that the shooting occurred around 11 a.m. local time. Police said the shooter turned the gun on himself as officers approached.
The extent of the surviving victims' injuries was not clear. Cheyenne Police Department spokesman Dan Long said he could not provide additional information when reached by email.
Further details, including the motive for the shooting and the identities of the victims and gunman, were not immediately available.
About 11,600 people are victims of firearm homicides in the United States every year, according to gun control group Everytown for Gun Safety.
(Reporting by Curtis Skinner in San Francisco; Editing by Alan Crosby and Paul Simao)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: U.S. House to vote on Iran Sanctions Act renewal as soon as November
- Bill Gates foundation gives $210 million to Seattle-based university
- Tunisia arrests two Americans suspected of ties to Islamic State: security official
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!