Gunfire celebrating cricket match rattles Afghan capital
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
KABUL (Reuters) - Explosions and the sound of gunfire set off alarms in the diplomatic quarter of the Afghan capital Kabul on Monday night, but officials said the noise appeared to be in celebration of a cricket match.
The sounds rattled a city on edge after regular attacks by various insurgent groups vying to undermine the Western-backed government.
Warning sirens could be heard from various embassies as loudspeakers urged employees to take shelter in safe rooms and bunkers.
(Reporting by Josh Smith; Editing by Hugh Lawson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Toyota to expand hybrid system development to further cut emissions
- Euro steadies after short-covering rally, eyes on ECB and Italy
- Court upholds deportation order for Thai teenager born and raised in Japan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!