Grumpy Cat immortalized in wax, makes Broadway debut
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Grumpy cat arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Grumpy Cat, the internet's most famous scowling feline, not only unveiled a waxwork of herself this weekend, but also joined the cast of Broadway musical "Cats" to close out the show with some added "meow."
Grumpy Cat, 4, posed next to a wax replica of herself at Madame Tussauds waxwork museum in Washington D.C. last week, before snapping photos with the museum's other famous inhabitants, including former U.S. presidents Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan.
When asked how Grumpy Cat was feeling, her owner Tabatha Bundesen told Reuters, "She was thrilled. As you can see, she's still thrilled."
After her visit to the nation's capital, Grumpy Cat's next stop was New York's Broadway, where she was the guest of honor at Friday's curtain call for Andrew Lloyd-Webber musical "Cats."
She was cheered on by the cast on stage and the audience as she received a placard commemorating her Broadway debut.
Grumpy Cat, whose real name is Tardar Sauce, went viral in 2012 after her permanent scowl, which her owner said was caused by feline dwarfism, became meme-worthy fodder.
She has appeared in Lifetime movie "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever" in 2014 and also has picture books and plush toys modeled after her.
(Reporting by Reuters TV; Writing by Piya Sinha-Roy; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- On Inauguration Eve, Trumpsters party in the 'swamp' of Washington
- China asks foreign diplomats for closer cooperation in anti-graft war
- Mexico telecom ruling struck down in blow to Televisa -sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!