Grumpy Cat immortalized in wax, makes Broadway debut
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Grumpy cat arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - Grumpy Cat, the internet's most famous scowling feline, not only unveiled a waxwork of herself this weekend, but also joined the cast of Broadway musical "Cats" to close out the show with some added "meow."
Grumpy Cat, 4, posed next to a wax replica of herself at Madame Tussauds waxwork museum in Washington D.C. last week, before snapping photos with the museum's other famous inhabitants, including former U.S. presidents Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan.
When asked how Grumpy Cat was feeling, her owner Tabatha Bundesen told Reuters, "She was thrilled. As you can see, she's still thrilled."
After her visit to the nation's capital, Grumpy Cat's next stop was New York's Broadway, where she was the guest of honor at Friday's curtain call for Andrew Lloyd-Webber musical "Cats."
She was cheered on by the cast on stage and the audience as she received a placard commemorating her Broadway debut.
Grumpy Cat, whose real name is Tardar Sauce, went viral in 2012 after her permanent scowl, which her owner said was caused by feline dwarfism, became meme-worthy fodder.
She has appeared in Lifetime movie "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever" in 2014 and also has picture books and plush toys modeled after her.
(Reporting by Reuters TV; Writing by Piya Sinha-Roy; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: ACT Inc raises test prices abroad to fund cheating fight
- Italy president starts talks to seek way out of political crisis
- Merkel's Bavarian allies praise tougher migrant stance but say it's not enough
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!