Government 'to do its best' to privatize Rosneft in 2016: Russian Economy Minister
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Russian Economy Minister Alexei Ulyukayev attends a meeting of President Vladimir Putin with members of Russian Direct Investment Fund and foreign investors in St. Petersburg, Russia, June 16, 2016. REUTERS/Grigory Dukor - RTX2GN8P
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SHCHETINKA, Russia (Reuters) - Russia's government should do its best to privatize a stake in the nation's largest oil producer Rosneft
"Taking into account the attractiveness of this asset and keeping in mind that this would allow us to resolve to a large extent the problem of the budget deficit, I believe a sale of part of Rosneft will be a priority project now," Ulyukayev told journalists on a visit to the Kursk Region in central Russia.
"We should do our best to do it in 2016."
He also said that it was technically possible to privatize mid-sized oil company Bashneft
(Reporting by Darya Korsunskaya; writing by Dmitry Solovyov; editing by Polina Devitt)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: Slim in talks with Spanish firms for bid on $3.5 billion Mexico airport terminal - sources
- Mexican presidents do not yearn to 'screw' the country: Pena Nieto
- U.S. says troubled by reports of another U.S. citizen jailed by Iran
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!