Government 'to do its best' to privatize Rosneft in 2016: Russian Economy Minister
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
Russian Economy Minister Alexei Ulyukayev attends a meeting of President Vladimir Putin with members of Russian Direct Investment Fund and foreign investors in St. Petersburg, Russia, June 16, 2016. REUTERS/Grigory Dukor - RTX2GN8P
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
SHCHETINKA, Russia (Reuters) - Russia's government should do its best to privatize a stake in the nation's largest oil producer Rosneft
"Taking into account the attractiveness of this asset and keeping in mind that this would allow us to resolve to a large extent the problem of the budget deficit, I believe a sale of part of Rosneft will be a priority project now," Ulyukayev told journalists on a visit to the Kursk Region in central Russia.
"We should do our best to do it in 2016."
He also said that it was technically possible to privatize mid-sized oil company Bashneft
(Reporting by Darya Korsunskaya; writing by Dmitry Solovyov; editing by Polina Devitt)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Famed OJ lawyer, Delaware justice clash over translation firm sale
- Axeon plans to shutter New Jersey asphalt refinery: sources
- Florida man accused of online threat to kill Trump