Germany's Schaeuble warns Britain against big corporate tax cuts
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble takes questions from reporters during a press conference with Chinese Finance Minister Lou Jiwei (not pictured) at the annual meetings of the IMF and World Bank Group in Washington October 7, 2016. REUTERS/James
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble warned Britain on Monday against massive corporate tax cuts, saying that as long as the country remained a member of the European Union it must abide by the bloc's rules.
"Britain is still a member of the European Union," Schaeuble said when asked whether plans by Britain to cut corporate tax could trigger a dumping competition. "So they are bound by European law."
A spokeswoman for British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Monday the government had already outlined measures to cut corporation tax to 17 percent by 2020 and described any talk of further cuts as "speculative".
(Reporting by Gernot Heller; Writing by Joseph Nasr; Editing by Caroline Copley)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkey seeks to arrest 55 people suspected of financing Gulen - NTV
- U.S. slated to sell $375 million of emergency reserve oil this winter
- Turkish air strikes kill 19 Kurdish militants in north Iraq - military sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!