Germany expects fair result in Deutsche Bank U.S. mortgages case
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
The headquarters of Germany's Deutsche Bank is photographed early evening in Frankfurt, Germany, January 26, 2016. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's Finance Ministry said on Friday it expected a fair result to a U.S. investigation into Deutsche Bank's
"The government is aware that the U.S. authorities have agreed similar settlement payments with other credit institutions," Finance Ministry spokeswoman Friederike von Tiesenhausen told a regular government news conference.
"The government expects that at the end of this process a fair result will be achieved on the basis of equal treatment," she added.
Germany's flagship lender said on Friday that the U.S. Department of Justice is asking it to pay $14 billion to settle an investigation into its selling of mortgage-backed securities.
(Reporting by Paul Carrel and Caroline Copley)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Chinese Investor Said Open to Deutsche Bank (DB) Stake - Manager Mag.
- French police chief promises change after sixth night of protests: TV
- Police officer killed, 10 people wounded in bomb in east Turkey: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!