German trade group lifts 2016 revenue growth forecast to 3.5 percent
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - The German Confederation of Skilled Crafts (ZDH) is raising its forecast for revenue growth for 2016 to 3.5 percent from its earlier forecast of 2 percent, predicting further growth of 2.5 percent next year, the Welt newspaper reported on Monday.
The trade group, which represents more than 1 million skilled craft businesses with combined annual revenues of 533 billion euros ($590 billion), told the paper that 92 percent of its members expected positive developments this year.
It said 54 percent see their business outlook as good, up 5 percent from last year.
"The skilled trade economy is at an all-time high," the group's secretary general, Holger Schwannecke, told the newspaper.
The forecast envisages the skilled trade sector growing at nearly double the rate of the overall German economy, which is expected to expand by 1.8 percent in 2016.
Schwannecke said the group saw the predicted revenue growth creating 15,000 new jobs this year and next in the sector, which already employs 5.4 million people.
(Reporting by Andrea Shalal; Editing by Ruth Pitchford)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- At least 38 people hurt as blazing Tehran high-rise building collapses: Iranian state TV
- Chinese court jails former CNPC general manager for 15 years for graft
- South African mining deaths fall to new record low in 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!