German motorist smashes 15 cars in parking lot mayhem
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German pensioner crashed into 14 cars in a parking lot and caused an estimated 25,000 euros of damage to 15 vehicles including her own, police in the western town of Dueren said.
The 75-year-old, who was taken to hospital with minor injuries, suddenly accelerated in the parking lot and smashed into the rows of parked cars, police said.
"The parking lot was turned a giant scrapheap by the time the woman's car came to a stop," Dueren police said in a report. "Her car was so badly damaged that it had to be towed away, as was the case with a number of the other cars she ran into."
(Reporting by Erik Kirschbaum; editing by John Stonestreet)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Polar vortex redux? U.S. forecasters say it could hit next week
- Masterbuilt recalls U.S. gas smokers over fire risk
- DuPont CEO Breen says Trump win unlikely to impact Dow deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!