German minister says development in U.S. election is 'huge shock'
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Germany's Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen attends a cabinet meeting at the Chancellery in Berlin, Germany, June 8, 2016. REUTERS/Axel Schmidt
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen said on German television on Wednesday that Republican Donald Trump's move toward an unexpected victory in the U.S. presidential election was a "huge shock".
She told broadcaster ARD: "I think Trump knows that this was not a vote for him but rather against Washington, against the establishment."
(Reporting by Andreas Rinke; Writing by Michelle Martin; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Indonesian watchdog says former Garuda CEO a bribery suspect
- EpiPen rival to be offered free to many but high price for insurers
- Asian stocks, dollar slip as Trump caution outweighs China GDP
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!