German minister says development in U.S. election is 'huge shock'
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
Germany's Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen attends a cabinet meeting at the Chancellery in Berlin, Germany, June 8, 2016. REUTERS/Axel Schmidt
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen said on German television on Wednesday that Republican Donald Trump's move toward an unexpected victory in the U.S. presidential election was a "huge shock".
She told broadcaster ARD: "I think Trump knows that this was not a vote for him but rather against Washington, against the establishment."
(Reporting by Andreas Rinke; Writing by Michelle Martin; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guterres vows U.N. reform and diplomatic 'surge'
- OPEC sees smaller oil glut, upbeat on non-OPEC cut compliance
- Global growth outlook shaky on trade protectionism fears: Reuters poll
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!