German minister says development in U.S. election is 'huge shock'
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- SAP (SAP) Q4 IFRS Revenues Rises 7%, Boosts 2020 Outlook
- Oppenheimer Downgrades Energous Corp (WATT) to Perform
Germany's Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen attends a cabinet meeting at the Chancellery in Berlin, Germany, June 8, 2016. REUTERS/Axel Schmidt
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen said on German television on Wednesday that Republican Donald Trump's move toward an unexpected victory in the U.S. presidential election was a "huge shock".
She told broadcaster ARD: "I think Trump knows that this was not a vote for him but rather against Washington, against the establishment."
(Reporting by Andreas Rinke; Writing by Michelle Martin; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hong Kong to release Singapore's detained troop carriers
- China jails two over vaccine scandal
- Italy avalanche death toll rises to 14
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!