Generali mulling 8,000 job cuts outside Italy: sources
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
A banner with a logo of Generali insurance is seen outside of one of its branch offices in Telfs, Austria, November 1, 2016. REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy's top insurer Generali
The job cuts would be outside of Italy, one of the sources said.
Generali, which is due to hold an Investor Day on Wednesday, declined to comment.
Europe's third-largest insurer, which generates most of its revenues and earnings in Italy, France and Germany, has a workforce of just over 76,000.
(Reporting by Gianluca Semeraro, writing by Stephen Jewkes; editing by Agnieszka Flak)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- OPEC, non-OPEC agree first global oil pact since 2001
- Instinet Reiterates Buy on Oracle (ORCL) Ahead of 2Q Earnings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesLayoffs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!