Gap reports fire at Fishkill distribution center, no injuries
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
A sign hangs outside a GAP clothing retail store in Manhattan, New York, U.S., May 13, 2016. REUTERS/Mike Segar
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Retailer Gap Inc (NYSE: GPS) said on Tuesday that its distribution center in Fishkill, New York, had been hit by a serious fire.
All employees at the site affected by the blaze late on Monday were safe and an investigation was still underway, Gap spokeswoman Debbie Felix said.
"While it will take time to understand the full impact and cause of the fire, we have contingency plans in place and are working across our North American network of distributions centers to continue to serve our customers," Felix said.
The clothing retailer owns a network of distribution centers in North America and England, including the affected facility, which spans over 8.6 million square feet (80 hectares), according to a regulatory filing.
"The Fishkill distribution center is a primary distribution center for the northeast," said Nomura analyst Simeon Siegel, who added that Gap was re-routing inventory through another center.
(Reporting by Gayathree Ganesan and Supantha Mukherjee and Vishaka George in Bengaluru; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta and Tom Brown)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Families of MH370 victims to lobby Malaysian minister in Australia
- China's property, financial sectors' growth slower in Q4 despite uptick in services
- Vietnam police arrest dissident for propaganda against state
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesNomura, Second Curve Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!