GE nears about $30 billion deal with Baker Hughes: WSJ
- Wall Street falls ahead of inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
The General Electric logo is seen in a Sears store in Schaumburg, Illinois, September 8, 2014. REUTERS/Jim Young
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
The combined entity will be controlled by GE and would have publicly traded shares, the Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter. http://on.wsj.com/2fuYplX
The deal is to be announced on Monday, the Journal said.
GE said in a statement last week that it was in talks with the oilfield services provider on potential partnerships but none of those options included an outright purchase.
Baker Hughes' planned merger with bigger rival Halliburton Co (NYSE: HAL) fell through in May due to opposition from regulators.
A partnership with Baker Hughes could help GE to transform its oil and gas division and emerge a larger player in the sector to better compete with oilfield services leader Schlumberger (NYSE: SLB).
Also, this partnership could give Baker Hughes a chance to redefine itself following the failed merger.
(Reporting by Vishal Sridhar in Bengaluru; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- UniPixel (UNXL) Reports MOU for Strategic Partnership with General Interface Solution
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!