Futures open higher ahead of U.S. presidential debate
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Traders work on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) as the market closes in New York, U.S., October 3, 2016. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures opened higher on Sunday ahead of a key U.S. presidential debate, which will be the first time the candidates face off after a video surfaced of Republican candidate Donald Trump making lewd comments about women.
The video has sparked turmoil in the campaign and led to Republicans calling for Trump to drop out of the race against Democrat Hillary Clinton.
S&P 500 e-minis
(Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch; editing by Diane Craft)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump 'won't be worse than Obama,' says Venezuela's president
- Cowboys Elliott seeks 'closure' on domestic violence probe
- Britain will not seek 'half in, half out' EU deal: PM May
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!