French far-right leader Le Pen congratulates Donald Trump
- Wall Street dips as investors turn defensive
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
French National Front (FN) leader Marine Le Pen attends a FN political debate in Paris, France November 8, 2016. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PARIS (Reuters) - France's far-right National Front party leader Marine Le Pen congratulated Donald Trump on Wednesday as he looked set for a possible shock victory in the U.S. presidential election.
"Congratulations to the new president of the United States Donald Trump and to the free American people!" she said on Twitter.
Opinion polls show Le Pen likely to win the first round of French presidential elections next year but lose in the second round to whoever should be her opponent.
(Reporting by Andrew Callus; Editing by Sudip Kar-Gupta)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Endo Int'l (ENDP) Agrees to Abandon Noncompetitive Pay-for-Delay in Settlement with FTC
- Putin allies propose easing penalty for domestic violence
- 'Resident Evil' goes back to survival horror roots for new game
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!