French far-right leader Le Pen congratulates Donald Trump
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
French National Front (FN) leader Marine Le Pen attends a FN political debate in Paris, France November 8, 2016. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - France's far-right National Front party leader Marine Le Pen congratulated Donald Trump on Wednesday as he looked set for a possible shock victory in the U.S. presidential election.
"Congratulations to the new president of the United States Donald Trump and to the free American people!" she said on Twitter.
Opinion polls show Le Pen likely to win the first round of French presidential elections next year but lose in the second round to whoever should be her opponent.
(Reporting by Andrew Callus; Editing by Sudip Kar-Gupta)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ladder Capital (LADR) to Explore Sale - Reuters
- U.S. greenlights Norwegian Air flights in blow to U.S. industry
- Trump speaks to Taiwan's leader in move likely to anger China
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!