France's Alstom says in talks with government on Belfort plant
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
The logo of French engineering group Alstom is seen at a plant in Aytre near La Rochelle, France, August 31, 2016. REUTERS/Regis Duvignau
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - Alstom
Chief Executive Henri Poupart-Lafarge had told staff earlier on Tuesday that he intended to press ahead with the planned closure of the Belfort site, which unleashed a political furore when announced last week.
"No decision will be taken before [the talks] are concluded," the company said in a statement.
(Reporting by Cyril Altmeyer; Writing by Ingrid Melander; Editing by Laurence Frost)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK PM to offer Scotland, Wales, North Ireland talks with Brexit minister
- Rockwell broadens its reach with $6.4 billion purchase of B/E Aerospace
- Chile's president forgets to sign name at voting booth, leaves behind ID
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!