France says U.S. must comply fast with WTO Boeing ruling
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Boeing facilities are seen in Los Angeles, California, U.S. April 22, 2016. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - France said on Wednesday that the United States must comply with a World Trade Organisation (WTO) ruling this week against U.S. tax breaks for Boeing (NYSE: BA), and that failure to do so would give the EU legal basis for retaliatory measures.
The WTO said this week that a tax break from Washington state to help Boeing develop its new 777X jetliner was a prohibited subsidy, in a setback for the U.S. planemaker as it eyes victory in a parallel case against Airbus (NYSE: AIR).
"The United States must quickly comply with the decision and put an end to these illegal measures," the French finance ministry said in a statement.
"If not, the European Union will have the legal grounds to adopt retaliatory measures concerning goods coming in from the United States," it added.
(Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta; Editing by Brian Love)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts AAR Corporation (AIR) at Buy
- Scientists enter Hawaii dome in eight-month Mars space mission study
- Trump picks FCC member Pai to lead agency: Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!