Foxconn buys S&T shares in capital hike
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
The logo of Foxconn, the trading name of Hon Hai Precision Industry, is seen on top of the company's headquarters in New Taipei City, Taiwan March 29, 2016. REUTERS/Tyrone Siu/File Photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Taiwan's Ennoconn, part of the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer Foxconn, has bought new shares in Austrian IT group S&T AG from a 10 percent capital increase and will further raise its holding to 29.4 percent, S&T said.
S&T said on Thursday it would use the funds from the capital increase to buy a 29.9 percent stake in German computer maker Kontron, adding it had no plans to buy further shares in the group or make a full takeover offer.
S&T said it saw important synergies in a relationship with Foxconn and Kontron, without providing financial details.
"Using S&T's software engineering resources, the three companies have the potential to be a world leader in the fields of Internet of Things and Industry 4.0," it said.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Edward Taylor)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- What to do when a health crisis pushes you over the limit
- Afghan leaders trade barbs as government splits widen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!