Foxconn buys S&T shares in capital hike
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
The logo of Foxconn, the trading name of Hon Hai Precision Industry, is seen on top of the company's headquarters in New Taipei City, Taiwan March 29, 2016. REUTERS/Tyrone Siu/File Photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Taiwan's Ennoconn, part of the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer Foxconn, has bought new shares in Austrian IT group S&T AG from a 10 percent capital increase and will further raise its holding to 29.4 percent, S&T said.
S&T said on Thursday it would use the funds from the capital increase to buy a 29.9 percent stake in German computer maker Kontron, adding it had no plans to buy further shares in the group or make a full takeover offer.
S&T said it saw important synergies in a relationship with Foxconn and Kontron, without providing financial details.
"Using S&T's software engineering resources, the three companies have the potential to be a world leader in the fields of Internet of Things and Industry 4.0," it said.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Edward Taylor)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Iraqi forces push into IS-held pocket in Mosul: military
- Trump's criticism only draws Europeans closer, says French minister
- ZEW: Better economic situation around Europe boosted sentiment in January
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!