Four killed in New Caledonia landslides: French interior ministry
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - At least four people, including two children, were killed after heavy rains across New Caledonia triggered landslides, the French Interior Ministry said on Tuesday.
"Landslides due to heavy rains killed four people, including two children," the ministry said in a statement.
Four people were missing and 6 more were wounded, it said.
New Caledonia, a French Pacific territory, holds around a quarter of the world's reserves of nickel.
(Reporting by John Irish; Editing by Maya Nikolaeva)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Air India says women-only seats for comfort after reported in-flight sex attacks
- Saudi's Jubeir rejects criticism of Riyadh in French election race
- Lebanon's Hezbollah finds crashed Israeli drone: source
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!