Four killed, three injured in Oregon motel fire: media
- Wall Street declines as some post-election gainers reverse
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shows clemency to Manning, intelligence analyst behind leaks
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Four people were killed and four were injured in a fire that destroyed a motel in a coastal city in Oregon on Friday, local media said.
The fire began at about 5:45 a.m. in a room at the City Center Motel in Newport, Oregon, and quickly engulfed the entire building, the Newport Police Department said in a statement.
The bodies of four people were found in the rubble and four people with injuries were taken to the hospital, KPTV, a local Fox affiliate reported.
One of the injured people was admitted to the hospital for burns and smoke inhalation, police said.
Officials were investigating the cause of the fire.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Editing by Gareth Jones)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Florida airport shooting suspect inspired by Islamic State: media
- Samsung scion Lee faces court hearing on arrest warrant
- Obama commutes 209 prison sentences, issues 64 pardons
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!