Four dead in Alaska hotel room, police probe as murder-suicide
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Four people, including a 8-week-old girl, have been found shot to death in an Alaska hotel room in what authorities are investigating as a murder-suicide, police said.
Fairbanks police were called to a Hampton Inn on Friday afternoon and found a man sitting in a second-floor hallway, crying, police said in a statement.
"The male directed the officers to a nearby room. Officers entered the room and found four individuals deceased from apparent gunshot wounds," the Friday statement said.
The victims were identified as Linda Hutton, 54; Emily McDonald, 22; McKay Hutton, 22; and Teagan Hutton, 8 weeks. The shooting apparently took place shortly before officers arrived.
The deaths are under investigation. There was no sign of drugs or alcohol being involved, the police statement said.
The identity of the man in the hall was not released. Police in Fairbanks, a city of 32,000 people about 250 miles north of Anchorage, said he was not a suspect.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Euro zone bailout fund not preparing Italy aid: Regling
- China to launch direct yuan trading with seven currencies
- Business leaders urge G20 to resist protectionism
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!