Four bodies found in California mobile home fire
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
By Rory Carroll
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The bodies of two males and two females were discovered after firefighters put out a blaze at a mobile home in Modesto, California, police said on Wednesday.
A neighbor told Fox 40 news channel that he heard a big explosion and ran out to find the mobile home, where an elderly couple lived with their grandkids, a six-year-old boy and a ten-year-old girl, engulfed in flames.
Ceres and Westport Fire departments were called to attend the fire south of the center of Modesto, 92 miles (148 km) east of San Francisco, at around 11 p.m. local time on Tuesday.
The ages and identification of the bodies were pending an autopsy scheduled for Monday, said Anthony Bejaran, a spokesman for the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department.
The autopsy will also establish the cause of death, which will be investigated by detectives, while a fire investigator will try to determine the cause and origin of the blaze, Bejaran said.
(Reporting by Rory Carroll; Editing by Bill Rigby & Simon Cameron-Moore)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Senior U.S. spy, diplomats leaving despite being asked to stay on
- Trump taps NFL owner Woody Johnson as ambassador to UK
- Costco to pay $11.75 million over lax U.S. pharmacy controls
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!