Ford Canada posts decline in October sales in delayed results
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
The Ford logo is seen at their plant in Cuatitlan Izcalli, Mexico October 18, 2016. REUTERS/Carlos Jasso
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
TORONTO (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) reported weaker Canadian sales for October on Wednesday, weighed down by a sharp drop in car sales and sluggish truck performance.
Ford's Canadian sales fell 2.6 percent to 21,510 vehicles with car sales down 13.1 percent while truck sales slipped 0.2 percent.
On Tuesday, both Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Ford said it delayed its results due to a fire at its Michigan headquarters this week which affected a data center.
Analysts expected Canadian auto sales to set a new record in 2016, rising to 1.96 million vehicles, up from a record-breaking 1.90 million units last year. But after a strong first half, sales have declined in September and August on an annual basis.
(Writing by Amran Abocar; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sri Lanka approves 2017 budged aims to raise revenue through taxes
- Second suspect in Brazilian soccer team air crash put in jail
- Islamic State militants enter Palmyra city after surprise assault - monitor