Ford Canada posts decline in October sales in delayed results
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
The Ford logo is seen at their plant in Cuatitlan Izcalli, Mexico October 18, 2016. REUTERS/Carlos Jasso
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
TORONTO (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) reported weaker Canadian sales for October on Wednesday, weighed down by a sharp drop in car sales and sluggish truck performance.
Ford's Canadian sales fell 2.6 percent to 21,510 vehicles with car sales down 13.1 percent while truck sales slipped 0.2 percent.
On Tuesday, both Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Ford said it delayed its results due to a fire at its Michigan headquarters this week which affected a data center.
Analysts expected Canadian auto sales to set a new record in 2016, rising to 1.96 million vehicles, up from a record-breaking 1.90 million units last year. But after a strong first half, sales have declined in September and August on an annual basis.
(Writing by Amran Abocar; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Scientists enter Hawaii dome in eight-month Mars space mission study
- U.S. department stores steady profitability boat even as sales slide
- Gambia's longtime leader Jammeh says he will step down
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesChrysler LLC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!