Flooding shuts Mississippi River lock in southern Iowa-Army Corps
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers closed a Mississippi River lock on Friday morning due to high water and is likely to shutter another over the weekend, halting grain barge movement on the key shipping waterway as the Midwest harvest is gaining pace.
Lock 17 near New Boston, Illinois, was closed on Friday and is expected to remain down through next Wednesday, according to the latest National Weather Service river forecast. Lock 18 near Gladstone, Illinois, is expected to close for one to two days later this weekend, the forecast showed.
(Reporting by Karl Plume in Chicago; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sanaa air raids resume as Yemen truce expires: residents
- Trump says will not approve AT&T-Time Warner deal if elected U.S. president
- British banks preparing to leave UK over Brexit: Observer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!