Five dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pennsylvania: reports
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - Five people were found dead on Saturday in southeastern Pennsylvania in what appeared to be a murder-suicide, according to local media which cited law enforcement authorities.
Five members of a family - both parents and three children - were found dead of gunshot wounds at a home in Sinking Spring, some 60 miles east of the state capital Harrisburg, the Reading Eagle newspaper reported on its web site.
The victims were discovered on Saturday evening after investigators arrived at the home with a warrant to allow them to enter the house, the Eagle reported, citing Chief County Detective Michael Gombar.
The reason for the warrant being issued was not disclosed.
The victims' ages were not released, but the newspaper said the family had been profiled in its pages in 2014 when one child, then five months old, had received a heart transplant.
(Reporting by Chris Michaud; Editing by Michael Perry)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Explosions in Japanese park kill one, cause not known: NHK
- Cubs to meet Indians in World Series
- Two children killed in Georgia home invasion: police
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!