Fire breaks out in Mumbai suburb, no reports of casualties so far
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MUMBAI (Reuters) - A massive fire broke out in a furniture market in Mumbai's western suburb on Friday afternoon, but there has been no reports of casualties so far, the fire department said.
Sixteen fire engines and 12 water tankers were rushed to the spot, a Mumbai Fire Brigade Control Room official said. There was no clarity on how long it would take douse the fire,
The furniture market is in the Gulshan Nagar area of Oshiwara, a suburb in Western Mumbai.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat; Editing by Rafael nam)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Four Gambia ministers resign from Jammeh's government
- Scholar says free-floating yuan is nothing to fear: paper
- Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons: Lavrov
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!