Fiat Chrysler recalls vehicles in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- Wall Street falls as post-election winners lag
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama commutes sentence of intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
A woman walks past a logo of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in Turin March 31, 2014. REUTERS/Giorgio Perottino
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV said it is recalling about 74,833 vehicles in the United States to replace the alternators because of a problem that could result in engine stall or a vehicle fire.
FCA US LLC, Fiat's U.S. arm, said on Tuesday that certain alternators could have problems with the diodes, which could lead to a short-circuit in the alternators and could result in engine stall or vehicle fire.
The company said it was aware of a single potentially related injury, but no accidents.
FCA said it is also recalling 10,077 vehicles in Canada, 1,088 in Mexico and 134 outside North American. (http://bit.ly/2e4as8e)
Vehicles affected are certain 2007-2013 Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups; 3500, 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs; and 2011-2014 Dodge Charger Pursuits, the company said.
(Reporting by Rishika Sadam in Bengaluru)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hip-hop personality charged in New York concert shooting
- Oil majors, car makers to push hydrogen technology to help cut emissions
- Samsung scion Lee faces court hearing on arrest warrant