Fiat Chrysler recalls vehicles in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
A woman walks past a logo of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in Turin March 31, 2014. REUTERS/Giorgio Perottino
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV said it is recalling about 74,833 vehicles in the United States to replace the alternators because of a problem that could result in engine stall or a vehicle fire.
FCA US LLC, Fiat's U.S. arm, said on Tuesday that certain alternators could have problems with the diodes, which could lead to a short-circuit in the alternators and could result in engine stall or vehicle fire.
The company said it was aware of a single potentially related injury, but no accidents.
FCA said it is also recalling 10,077 vehicles in Canada, 1,088 in Mexico and 134 outside North American. (http://bit.ly/2e4as8e)
Vehicles affected are certain 2007-2013 Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups; 3500, 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs; and 2011-2014 Dodge Charger Pursuits, the company said.
(Reporting by Rishika Sadam in Bengaluru)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- France starts clearing 'jungle' migrant camp in Calais
- Rights activists urge Thai junta to drop sedition charge against lawyer
- Boeing takes on peers, partners in bid for replacement parts business
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesChrysler LLC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!