Fed's Yellen says Puerto Rico faces economic crisis, matter for Congress
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen prepares to deliver the semi-annual testimony on the "Federal Reserve's Supervision and Regulation of the Financial System" before the House Financial Services Committee in Washington, U.S., September 28, 2016. R
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen on Wednesday said Puerto Rico faces a fiscal crisis but that a solution should come from the White House or Congress.
"This is really something that I'm not an expert on," she told a meeting of the House Financial Services Committee. "What the appropriate programs are for Puerto Rico to deal with its longstanding problems - I think that's squarely a matter for Congress and the administration to consider."
(Reporting By Patrick Rucker; Editing by Andrea Ricci)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hong Kong judge warns of 'torture' images as British banker's trial begins
- Boeing takes on peers, partners in bid for replacement parts business
- Regulators taking another look at costs of Wall Street safety rule
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!