Fed has few tools to fight too-low inflation, Kashkari says
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari speaks during an interview at Reuters in New York February 17, 2016. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - The Federal Reserve has "perfect tools" for fighting too-high inflation, but it has few tools to fight the too-low inflation that has persisted for the past several years, a top Fed official said on Monday.
Low inflation means there is no pressure to raise interest rates aggressively, Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari said at an event in St. Paul and broadcast live on the bank's website.
(Reporting by Ann Saphir; Editing by Chris Reese)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Time to declare: Ukrainian anti-corruption reform faces threats
- Blast kills seven, injures almost 100 in northwestern China
- Oil industry workers split between Trump and Clinton