Fed has few tools to fight too-low inflation, Kashkari says
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari speaks during an interview at Reuters in New York February 17, 2016. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - The Federal Reserve has "perfect tools" for fighting too-high inflation, but it has few tools to fight the too-low inflation that has persisted for the past several years, a top Fed official said on Monday.
Low inflation means there is no pressure to raise interest rates aggressively, Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari said at an event in St. Paul and broadcast live on the bank's website.
(Reporting by Ann Saphir; Editing by Chris Reese)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China outbound property investment seen dropping as capital curbs bite
- China to strengthen market regulation by 2020
- AirAsia X cleared for US flights, 1st Asian budget carrier to get nod
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!