Facebook COO Sandberg donates $100 million to donor advised fund
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
FILE PHOTO -- Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer of Facebook attends a session during the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland January 20, 2016. REUTERS/Ruben Sprich/Files
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Facebook Inc Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg has donated more than $100 million to the Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Fund.
Sandberg's donation to her donor advised fund comprised 880,000 of Class "A" shares of Facebook, according to a regulatory filing on Wednesday. The donation was made on Nov. 21, according to the filing. http://bit.ly/2gIf3yW
This comes months after Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan said they would donate more than $3 billion toward a plan to "cure, prevent or manage" disease.
In December 2015, Zuckerberg made one of the largest pledges in history when he and his wife said they would donate 99 percent of their company shares to charity.
Sandberg's donation will be used to fund LeanIn.Org, her nonprofit focused on women's empowerment, as well as OptionB.org, an initiative focused on helping people build resilience after experiencing loss, the Wall Street Journal reported citing people familiar with the matter. http://on.wsj.com/2fNQkV5
Sandberg, 46, who joined Facebook in 2008 as chief operating officer for the popular social media platform, lost her husband to a treadmill accident while they were vacationing in Mexico last year.
The couple, married for 11 years, had two children together, a son and daughter. Last July, Sandberg joined the board of Survey Monkey, the online polling company that had been run by her husband.
(Reporting by Aurindom Mukherjee in Bengaluru; Editing by Sunil Nair)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Asian stocks rise on back of Wall Street; gold slips
- California bill would require reporting of 'superbug' infections, deaths
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesMark Zuckerberg
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!