Explosion in Afghan capital, Kabul, four people wounded: police
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KABUL (Reuters) - An explosion struck a bus carrying government employees during rush hour traffic in the Afghan capital of Kabul on Wednesday, wounding four people, police and witnesses said.
The blast occurred just before 5 p.m. (8.30 a.m. ET) on a major road near a university and an old parliament building.
The target appeared to be a bus carrying employees of the Ministry of Mining and Petroleum, said Sediq Seqqi, a spokesman for the Interior Ministry.
Among the wounded were three men and one woman, officials said.
Photographs from the scene showed a small bus with its windows shattered by the blast.
(Writing by Josh Smith; Editing by Robert Birsel)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T-Time Warner may signal start of new media industry consolidation
- Iran's president says U.S. election offers only bad or worse choice
- French police chief promises change after sixth night of protests: TV
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!