Europe situation critical, can't be fixed at one summit: Merkel
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
German Chancellor and chairwoman of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) Angela Merkel addresses supporters during an election campaign rally for local city elections in Berlin, Germany, September 14, 2016. The words read "Strong Berlin". REUTERS/Fabrizio
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BRATISLAVA (Reuters) - The European Union is in a critical situation and its problems cannot be resolved at one meeting, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on arriving at an EU summit in Bratislava aimed at finding a way forward after Britain's vote to leave the bloc.
"The point is not to simply expect a solution to Europe's problems from one summit - we are in a critical situation - but rather it is about showing through actions that we can be better," Merkel told reporters.
(Reporting by Paul Carrel and Caroline Copley)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Daimler to become 2016's biggest luxury car maker - CEO
- U.S. SEC enforcement director Ceresney to depart at the end of 2016
- U.S. carriers see 3.5 percent bump in 2016 winter holiday flying
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!