Europe situation critical, can't be fixed at one summit: Merkel
- Wall St. opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
German Chancellor and chairwoman of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) Angela Merkel addresses supporters during an election campaign rally for local city elections in Berlin, Germany, September 14, 2016. The words read "Strong Berlin". REUTERS/Fabrizio
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BRATISLAVA (Reuters) - The European Union is in a critical situation and its problems cannot be resolved at one meeting, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on arriving at an EU summit in Bratislava aimed at finding a way forward after Britain's vote to leave the bloc.
"The point is not to simply expect a solution to Europe's problems from one summit - we are in a critical situation - but rather it is about showing through actions that we can be better," Merkel told reporters.
(Reporting by Paul Carrel and Caroline Copley)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Italian bank Monte Paschi gambles on turnaround by year-end
- Juppe widens lead over Sarkozy for French primaries: poll
- 3M quarterly profit rises 2.55 percent
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!