Euro zone recovery to continue thanks to ECB stimulus: Draghi
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
European Central Bank (ECB) President Mario Draghi addresses the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France, during a debate on the ECB annual report for 2015, November 21, 2016 . REUTERS/Vincent Kessler
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - The euro zone recovery has withstood economic and political uncertainty and its recovery expected to continue, partly thanks to the European Central Bank's monetary stimulus, ECB President Mario Draghi said on Monday.
"The euro area economy continues to expand at a moderate but steady pace, despite the adverse effects of global economic and political uncertainty," Draghi told an EU Parliament committee.
"This gradual upward trend is expected to continue, not least owing to our monetary policy measures."
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa; editing by Balazs Koranyi)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Motors to announce $1 billion in U.S. investment
- Ten killed in drug-related violence in Mexican state of Guerrero
- Trump 'won't be worse than Obama,' says Venezuela's president
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesEuropean Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!